Ritual [rich-oo-uh l]
…“a prescribed or established rite, ceremony, proceeding, or service”
“Rituals allow us to re-create unity in an explosive, non-abstract, gut-level way. Rituals have the power to reset the terms of our universe until we find ourselves suddenly and truly “at home.” – Margot Adler
Our inquiry: The loss of meaningful ritual within dominant culture has cut many people off from our ability to commune with the divine in all its facets. This course is framed around the question, “how can those of us who have lost our ancestral rituals reconnect with this birthright in a way that is both authentic and does not harm others?”
When we engage in responsibly courting divine forces, we step back into the ever-present current of inter-connectedness, we remember our true power, and we re-engage our inherent ability to bring positive, revolutionary change and healing to our families, our communities and ourselves. Let us proceed with caution and awareness, as if we are walking the steps of an ancient labyrinth together.
Although this is an introductory course, we’ll be covering a lot of ground. Students will walk away from this five-week course with a sustainable foundation in the following:
- Connect powerfully with the spirit world and your ancestors
- Gain experiential understanding of directions and elements
- Engage in reciprocity and right relationship
- Create a self-care ritual for 2018
- Create meaningful rituals that work
- Remember how to ritualize everyday life
Course content by week:
- Orientation: who are we and what are we doing?
- Deconstructing colonial frameworks and addressing appropriation: proceeding with awareness in every aspect of our work (this will also be addressed within each class)
- Cultural and personal context – what role has ritual played in your culture and family? Addressing grief of loss of ritual.
- Getting started: intention, prayer and reciprocity
- Introduction to directions and elements
- Journey to meet an ancestor
- Basic ritual tools and responsible use in an ancestral context
- Ritual anatomy
- Directions and elements – vertical vs. horizontal plane
- Setting the container
- Working with moon phases
- Calling in the powers
- Making magical alignments in an ancestral context
- Crafting your self-care ritual
- Ritual for family, community and planet
- Manifestation ritual with Water
- Clearing ritual
Course dates: 2/16, 2/23, 3/2, 3/9, 3/16, 3/23. Course meets Friday mornings, 10-11am PST, online. If you are unable to attend any of the classes live, you can view the recordings.
What the course includes:
- Five, 1 hour live, interactive video chats with slides
- Access to all five recordings to re-visit or watch at your leisure
- A private Facebook group for the duration of the course to ask questions and share experiences
Your instructor: Beth Steinmann is a graduate of the Berkeley Psychic Institute, a certified Plant Spirit Healer, a trained herbalist, a certified i2 Tantra practitioner, and founder of Earthstar Institute and Earth Advocate Apprenticeship. She loves the endless possibility within the ritual context and its empowering and vast healing potential.
“I can’t say enough good things about this engaging and wisdom-rich teacher. Are you ready to change your life and walk the path you came here for?” -Pam Montgomery, author, Plant Spirit Healing
Course Cost: $97
Refund policy: Once the course has been purchased, no refunds are accepted. The course content is yours to keep and complete at your discretion.